• Almost one in two individuals in the workforce have provided elder care over the past five years.
• Among those who have provided care in the past five years, almost half (44%) have cared for more than one person.
—Families and Work Institute 2008 Study of the Changing Workforce
• Principal caregivers experience 8% in increased healthcare cost as compared to their peers.
• Principal caregivers experience increased absenteeism.
• Principal caregivers experience a loss in production, due to dealing with life care issues while on the job.
—2010 The MetLife Study of Working Caregivers and Employer Health Care Costs
• 36% of U.S. adults said they provided unpaid care to an adult relative or friend in the past year, up from 27% in 2010.
—2013 Pew Research Center